So, where are you heading today?
Wherever and whenever you’re going we’re here for you. With a range of clean, modern vehicles and polite, helpful drivers we’re the smart way to get from A to B in the local area.
From short hops to school, shopping and social occasions through to longer distances, executive travel and air runs you’ll find our service designed around your needs. Arrive relaxed and on time with drivers who care for your comfort and safety at all times.
Half a century of helping people get about
It’s hard to believe but we’ve been serving the transport needs of the local community since 1964. Here’s a brief history of Brighton and Hove Radio Cabs…
- 1964: Alan and Rose Northeast set up Radio Cabs above their car workshop in Bath Street, Brighton
- 1978: The company was bought by John and Babs Sharman who increased their fleet of drivers and grew the business considerably.
- 1990: The company was taken over by Chris and Eileen Nutley and Tony and Janet Turner moving the business to its current location in Seven Dials.
- 2005: The company (now Brighton and Hove Radio Cabs) acquired Carcabs 41 41 41
- 2006: Incorporated Lancing based taxi firm ABCA Taxis expanding the fleet to 300 vehicles
- 2008: Significant investments in technology give customers an even better booking experience with an advanced IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system. Making and managing bookings has never been easier for our customers!
- 2012: Smartphone app released for iPhone and Android allowing customers to book and track their taxi with a touch of a button
- 2016: Andy Beale and Tony Breslin take over directorship of Brighton & Hove Radio Cabs.
- 2017: Launched our new dispatch system powered by iCabbi vaslty improving upon our IVR, online bookings and smartphone apps to provide unparalleled service to Brighton & Hove and Adur.
- TODAY: Having invested heavily in technology, driver training and customer care we are now confident of providing the very best service 24 hours a day, seven days a week.